"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, September 22, 2014

Endings and beginnings

Oh gosh I don't even know where to start.....I can't believe I am no longer in the Ohio Columbus Mission. It feels like a dream now. It went by so fast that sometimes it feels like it never happened! But I know it did. I will forever treasure the time that I was able to spend there, and the miracles that I was able to see. It's been pretty strange to be back here on Temple Square...It seems like all the other returning outbound Sisters have adjusted well but it's been a little bit of a strug for me! Which is fine, I think it will just take some time until I feel adjusted. I just don't want to feel like I have one foot in Ohio and one foot in Utah. But, I've only been back for a few days, I am sure by the end of this week I will be back to normal!

Well I guess I could tell you about my companion! Her name is Sister Skaggs and she is from Temecula, CA. We haven't had time to take a picture yet but we will have one next time! Our assignment this transfer is the Humanitarian Center! Oh man I was pretty psyched about that because the night before I came back to Utah, my District Leader was asking what I would pick if I was choosing my next transfer. I had said Humanitarian Center as my #1 choice so definitely a tender mercy from Heavenly Father when I came back and found that I would be serving there. So basically we take people on tours through the Humanitarian Center. We are there on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We don't get to do anything with the Humanitarian efforts of the church really, but we do get to take people on tours and they feed us lunch for free :). We had training thereon Friday and literally I had so much food and chocolate milk (you know how good that chocolate milk is that the church makes...) I thought I was going to bust open! Looks like this transfer I'm gaining back the weight I lost haha. Oh well, it's worth it!

So our teaching pool is really empty since I am coming back from Outbound...but we have found some pretty neat New Investigators and we are really stretching to find find find so we can fill our teaching pool. My first day back, I received an inbound call from a woman named Joelle. She lives in Mesa, AZ. She told me she referred herself on the website and asked how long it takes for missionaries to come. We talked a little more and I asked how she came in contact with the church and she said she was introduced by a friend, and at first, she just brushed it off because she had been going through some hard things (lost a job, her rent is due but she doesn't have money to pay for it, her car is unusable because she didn't pay the bill and she hasn't had any luck being hired, etc.) and so she just told herself that she could handle it herself and that she doesn't need God. Well now some time later, she has been doing a lot of reading and reasearch and she knows that she can't choose to do it herself anymore, but that she feels Heavenly Father is trying to lead her by bringing her into the church. It was so crazy, because from the one phone call, she now has a baptismal date for October 18th! The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways. Now if the Local Missionaries would just move their butts over to her house.....

We got to watch the Ogden Temple Dedication from the Conference Center yesterday! That was another tender mercy for me because I knew that the Temple would be completed during the mission, and I was sad that I wouldn't be able to be a part of it or see it. Right when I left, they had just put the angel Moroni on top but the exterior wasn't even done! I can't believe they finished it so fast. Or maybe I've just been on the mission a long time haha. But I was so happy to hear that we would be able to watch it broadcasted live. And oh man, the dedication was beautiful. The Temple is gorgeous! Holy cow. I got to go to the first session, where Elder Clayton, Sister Wixom, Elder Bednar, President Eyring, and President Monson spoke. It was really good. I loved what President Monson said. Well first of all, he got up last after everyone, and they were all serious and spiritual so naturally he gets up and cracks a joke. Haha it was great. But I loved what he spoke about. He asked us to do 3 things: love the Temple, appreciate the Temple, and attend the Temple. It will help us grow so much if we will just do it. Heavenly Father is just waiting for us to go so He can communicate with us and bless us.

Well anyway...it was a great week so far. There are more exciting things coming up too...The General Women's meeting, then Conference, then Halloween, and into the Holidays. I can't believe how fast time flies.

Here is a quote I found this week that I really liked:"As seedlings of God, we barely blossom on earth, we fully flower in Heaven."

I really liked that. I am so thankful for the Spirit World, and for the grace, mercy, and justice we receive from our Savior and from our Heavenly Father. I am so excited for the chance we all have for eternal progression. It's so neat that we get to see a fraction of that progression here on earth, too. It amazes me every day that Heavenly Father trust me, an imperfect 21 year old, with such an important calling of teaching others the perfect Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't know why He trusts me with that....haha but I am grateful he lets me be a part of His work. I love this mission. I love being a missionary. It has changed me so much. I have seen that as I have come back from Ohio, I have changed a lot and I am so grateful because that means the Savior has been in my life.

Thank you for all the support and prayers! I pray for you. May you all blossom this week as you grow closer to the Savior.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment