"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Week 6

This picture is us at Penny Anne's today, the restaurant that feeds missionaries for free!

Monday is the start of week 6, the last week of the transfer! So on Monday I will find out what is happening to me next transfer.

Well it has been a very fast week!

We talked to Megan at the beginning of the week and she was doing great. She is so ready to be baptized it's not even funny. The only thing that was holding her back was that her mom is very unsupportive. She told her mom that she wanted her at her baptism, and her mom was very unsupportive and said she would think about it. Well, we called Megan today and she said that her mom said she would feel better about it is she had more time so she is not getting baptized until July 19th. Her local Sisters agreed. That's still great, but I am a little upset because we really feel like she should be baptized on Saturday, that was her day. But I guess maybe she does need more time, I am not sure. But she is doing great anyway!

We are still waiting on feedback from the First Presidency regarding Cameron's baptism on June 21st. I think it will take a while but hey, miracles totally happen! He has been going to church, FHE, institute, and is planning on going for the summer trip up to Bear Lake! He has good surroundings, a job, a nice place to live, and he even bought a car this week. Heavenly Father has really been blessing him.

Remember Saige? The personal who came on chat with her name but it wasn't really her, so when I called her she was really confused because she was already a member and never came to mormon.org? Well, she is going to the University of Utah this fall, so she was here for orientation and I got to meet her today! She is an awesome member. She is contemplating a mission. She would be a great missionary. I don't think she is quite ready yet, she is still praying about it, but when it happens, she will be great.

We finally got to call Gene and Gay! We called them on Sunday, and get this....they were on the road, making their way back home and when we called them, they were reading the Book of Mormon out loud! Haha we freaked out. They are still on the road so it has been hard to talk like that, but they have been reading the Book of Mormon and want to meet with local missionaries when they get back home to Texas :)

Daniel is doing great too. He wasn't able to go to church because he was on a business trip, but he has been reading the Book of Mormon and has had more strength to make right choices. The Atonement works miracles.

Hey! Remember Sean and Andrew? Sean was the really interested one from the tour, and Andrew didn't refer, but when we called Sean, Andrew was really interested and referred! Well, they were camping all last week so we sent them scriptures every now and then but they never responded. Well we had an appointment on Monday, and when we called them, they said, "oh yeah, we've been reading the Book of Mormon, and we went to Mormon Temple on Sunday, with Sacrament and Sunday School." We said, you went to church?! And they said, yeah, we got settled into our new place and found the church and went. I honestly didn't believe them haha. The whole lesson I was suspicious (especially after what Robert did) that they were RM's or something but then one of them cursed and it was a relief haha. They have become really interested. We invited them to be baptized and they said maybe. That's not the greatest answer a missionary could hear, but we didn't get to explain about baptism and why it's important because we didn't have time, so once we call them next time we will be able to do that and they will understand why we invited them to do that. They are great! They have great questions.

For the first time in a long time...I didn't get to talk to Tim :( I had to call on a different day because he had prior arrangements on Saturday that he made like a year ago and when I called him on Monday, he didn't answer! I hope everything is going okay. We will have to try again.

Lately I have been having really great Personal studies. I don't know how I never did that before the mission! I always studied at night. I love studying after exercising in the morning, it really sets the scene for my day. I feel like I am so much more ready to receive revelation in the morning than I am after a long day (we do companion studies at night, and that's a lot harder). Personal study is not for me, it is for our investigators and the people we will meet on the Square. It's the coolest thing when I am able to share something I learned in Personal study with someone that day, because I know that Heavenly Father was really communicating with me that morning. 

Something that I have learned is that Heavenly Father doesn't need us to help with His work. But, He gives us the wonderful opportunity to help with it and benefit from it and build our testimonies! We are so lucky to help Him fulfill His purpose: 'to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man." He lets us help, and I am so grateful. Well I will leave you with a quote from my favorite talk:
"When problems come and questions arise, do not start your quest for faith by saying how much you donot have, leading as it were with your “unbelief.” That is like trying to stuff a turkey through the beak! Let me be clear on this point: I am not asking you to pretend to faith you do not have. I am asking you to be true to the faith you do have. Sometimes we act as if an honest declaration of doubt is a higher manifestation of moral courage than is an honest declaration of faith. It is not!"
Pray for miracles, He will show them to you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment