"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, September 8, 2014

Endings are not in our destiny...

Endings are not in our destiny, but when it comes to being outbound, I guess some good things come to an end right? I can't believe that this is the last Preparation day I have here....Last week I was sitting here in the library, then I blinked and here I am again. It baffles me how time can go so fast. I have treasured this time that I have had here, it has just been incredible to see and experience the things that I have. I would give anything to be able to do it again. I am so grateful that I have been given the opportunity to be here!

Our investigators are doing so well. All of them but one are straight from China! I am going to miss them so much.

Chenwei is a rockstar. We were a little worried because he didn't come to church last week and wasn't responding to our texts and calls. Then we got a call from one of the Elder companionships and we answered and they told us that Chenwei wanted to say hi. It was so good to hear from him! He said, why haven't you texted me or called me? We said, We did!! He said he hadn't gotten anything. We were relieved. We got to meet up with him twice this past week. We taught the Word of Wisdom. He responded so well. He said that he h ad always felt like he shouldn't use those substances, but that he didn't know why. He said know he knows the reason why. Then during the next lesson, we taught him a bunch of other commandments. He responded really well and wanted to keep all of them. He had his baptismal interview and passed! He came to church yesterday and met the bishop. He is so excited to be baptized on Saturday and we are so excited to watch him make that covenant! It is the coolest thing to be able to meet someone that is a stranger, and you get to share with them the things that are precious to you, and as they pray, they begin to change and you get to see that process. Then you get to see how willing they are to make a covenant with God. We have seen this whole process and will be able to see his baptism on Saturday! We are so humbled that we have been able to be a part of the Lord's work. He is an amazing example to us.

It has been so neat fr me to teach so many people straight from China. They are so prepared! Holy cow it amazes me how open hearted they are. They are so teachable. I am so looking forward to the day when China opens up...that will be one of the greatest days ever. We need to start building portable baptismal fonts to prepare for it haha.

Another Chinese we are teaching, his name is Mike. He is a freshman here. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. We taught him the plan f salvation this week, and he was so receptive. We were asking questions to check his understanding and see what he thought, and he said that he was so excited when he was offered a chance to come here to OSU and that he feels that meeting us and learning about the church was the reason he came here and that he thinks that Heavenly Father really has a plan for him. It is amazing to me how someone who has never believed in God can be so open to believing.

Kimi is also from China. We met with him and took it very slow. He has a hard time with English and doesn't have a religious background. We, with the help of a Chinese member, taught who God was, and taught him about prayer so her can come to know for himself if there is a God. The spirit was so strong, it was such a powerful lesson! I love being able to teach according to the spirit. I'm glad we don't have memorized lessons but really can teach at the pace of the investigator. Kimi is so sweet. He really believes now that he can pray and talk with God and that God will reveal truth to him.

There are so many more things to share but I don't have time :(

When I think about ending this time in Ohio, I think of the Sons of Mosiah, I feel like them in Alma chapter 26. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment