"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, October 6, 2014

The best weekend of my life!

This weekend was the greatest. I LOVED being a missionary on Temple Square. It was exhausting though...I'm currently so tired that I don't think I can type much of an email today. I've just been sitting here staring at the screen for the past 30 minutes because I don't have the energy to type haha but that is so good! I love feeling spent from doing the Lord's work. I can't believe that was the last time I will be a missionary during General Conference. It was such a bittersweet (mostly bitter) moment on the square after the last session when the Square became quiet again. The sadness of an ending became real, but the sweetness of being able to be an instrument in the Lord's hand that weekend and knowing I did all I could do hung with me as well. I just felt so blessed to be able to be there one more time.

After spending 27 hours on the Square for conference, we ended the weekend as a mission by sharing cool experiences we had and watching Meet the Mormons again. I've seen it 3 times now, and it gets better every time! It comes out in theaters on Friday so you all HAVE to go watch it! I am commanding you. Haha. If you do go watch it, put yourselves in the shoes of a non-member as you do so. It's pretty incredible to have such a resource to show people who Mormons really are. Whether you know it or not, people are constantly watching you as a member of the church. We are different, and people see that. So I love that there is a film to show what it's like to be a member of the church.

I hope you all enjoyed Conference! We are anticipating it will be slow at the Humanitarian Center this week, and for once, we are hoping it is so we can catch up on Conference talks haha. I heard the Priesthood session was so good!

Our investigators are doing really well. We received a lot of new people to teach this weekend and we are so happy about that. Saturdays and Sundays are our prime teaching days, so we didn't get to talk with our investigators as much as we would have hoped to, but Conference was a good trade-off.

Megan (RC) has been going through a hard time lately, but I think it is helping her become closer to the Savior.

Tim is doing well, he loved attending the Temple! Because of his dialysis, he couldn't do baptisms but he was able to do Confirmations and he really enjoyed it.

Joelle is doing well too. She was planning on bringing a question to Conference so we are looking forward to how she enjoyed watching it.

Well I hope that you were able to receive the messages from Conference that were meant for you. Sorry this email is so lame! I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for your support.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment