"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Anticipation

Such a fitting word.....but it doesn't begin to explain the mix of feelings that are pinging around in my little brain right now! Excited, anxious, nervous, impatient, overwhelmed, humbled, delighted, now we are making a dent. With only a week away, it becomes more and more real each day. Today, a Sister Missionary serving in my Brother and Sister-in-Law's ward who is serving here on her outbound from Temple Square came over with her companion and I got to chat with her. She was so excited to talk about Temple Square and I could see how much she loved it and how special of a place it is. After answering my 385724 questions, she still wanted to talk about 'The Square' and wondered why I didn't have more questions (made me feel better.). It was a little overwhelming to be honest, but I know that is just because it is all new and unfamiliar to me. But what is not unfamiliar to me is my testimony. Regardless of how strange and new things will be, My testimony and desire to share the Gospel will stay the same. I am so excited to embark on this new experience that will bring me closer to my Savior. I know that I have a special purpose on Temple Square, and that people have been prepared to hear the Gospel from me there. I know God hears and answers every single prayer that we have, even the ones that are in our hearts. I know change is possible. Goodness is possible. Anything is possible as long as we rely on the Lord. This church is true!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment