"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Which Apostles did I MEET this week? I'll give you a hint, there were THREE!

I had probably the coolest night of my entire life on Monday! And I have had some pretty cool nights in my life haha.

So we got to usher a private screening of a new movie that they were testing in the Legacy Theatre! Three companionships got to do it.

The private screenings are to show it to important people to see if they approve it before it gets shown to the public. I hope that makes sense. I am not really allowed to talk about the movie. All I can say is that it is REALLY good, and I can't wait for you to see it. It's a documentary.

The coolest part is that I got to meet Elder Bednar, Elder Ballard, and Elder Christofferson! I shook each one of their hands, and talked with them a little bit. Elder Ballard shook my hand and then held my other hand with his left hand while he shook the other few sisters' hands It was so sweet, he is the cutest little old man! Plus, Sister Wixom, Sister Oscarson, and Sister Reeves all shook my hand and a ton of other Seventies. Elder Ballard told us to "follow up!" So that's my motto, haha.

So General Conference weekend was great! Our goal as a mission was not to drag referrals out of members, but to uplift everyone, and help them be excited about missionary work. It was funny though, as I tried to uplift people on the square, I myself was way more uplifted. All I can think of is, man Heavenly Father, I am trying to repay you but I am getting further and further into debt haha. It's so sweet how much He loves and blesses His children.

Also, we are excited to call the referrals that we did receive. We are hoping that we will see miracles from it.

I loved talking to all the people, and hearing their experiences and learning from them.

After the last session, when the square died down, we all gathered in a theater and talked about the weekend. Then, Kenneth Cope, an LDS/Christian songwriter/performer gave us our own conference! It was way good.

There was a pretty cool experience that happened Saturday afternoon. I am sure everyone has heard about the protesting that went on for Ordain Women, I have heard it has been a nationally discussed topic. Well, it was really sad to be outside the Tabernacle, to see that the line was populated mostly by women, many of which are Returned Missionaries. It made me really sad. Essentially, they just don't understand. They don't understand God's love for them, and they don't understand the Priesthood. I won't say much more, but I just can't comprehend their viewpoint, because it doesn't make sense. If they really understood the Priesthood, I think they would be satisfied. Anyway, right before the Priesthood session, they closed the East Gate because a couple hundred protesters for Ordain Women were trying to march in. So they turned around and were going to try to go in through the South Gate when out of nowhere, it begins to hail. It only lasted for a few minutes, but it got rid of a lot of them! Heavenly Father literally reached out his hand and basically slapped them in the face but with hail hahaha. It was sweet!

Today for P-day we went to this diner/cafe that has really good food. The best part is that they feed missionaries for free! So I got a huge buffalo chicken sandwich with onion rings and a slice of chocolate peanut-butter pie for free! It was great, and I am still so full haha.

We were on the square this week, when we walked past this guy carrying a motorcycle helmet. It was just one of those instances that I knew that we needed to talk to him. He is a way awesome guy! His name is Dennis. He came from Bosnia to Utah 18 years ago, but you could never tell, he has no accent and was a kid at that time. Members received their family and helped them learn the language and taught them the Gospel, and they were all baptized. Well, since then his family has become inactive and aren't doing the things they should. He felt like Heavenly Father needed him to come to Temple Square. He has been going to church every now and then, but says it's really hard for him to read the scriptures. He really wants to feel the spirit. He remembers what it was like when they first joined the church, he said that that exciting feeling eventually wore off, and he wants to feel it again. He wants to be married in the temple. We talked about a lot of things and I had a weird thought pop into my head.I asked if he liked music and he said yeah, he really likes it. I asked him if he would sing hymns by himself before he prays each time, and when he is riding his motorcycle. He said yeah, he could definitely do that, and that he likes singing when he rides. I know that that will help him feel the spirit. We are way excited to call him and see how he is doing tomorrow. We want to help him get to the temple! Also, we have a new mission rule. If we are teaching someone in the general area of Salt Lake, or anywhere in the Valley or up in Bountiful, we can attend the Temple with them! Whether it be baptisms, endowments, and even sealings I believe. So we are excited to see Dennis progress as he grows closer to the Lord, and hopefully we will be able to attend the Temple with him!

This week with Tim, we shared Joseph Smith History and read from it with him. He loved it! The Elders brought him his own copy. He says that he relates to Joseph Smith, and so he said that he is really excited to read more in JSH this week. He is doing great, and is going to have an interview to get the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!!

So Robert's phone is no longer a working number...my gut feeling is basically confirmed that he is insincere! Super sad. But we are looking for more Tim's who are ready to receive the Gospel. I know there are so many out there prepared for us, we just have to find them!

Well I am running out of time and we didn't have time to teach this week because of Conference and FLEET duties, but we will find opportunities this week. We will see miracles!

Thank you everyone for all the Birthday wishes this week, I love you all! Thanks for your examples!
Love you,


No comments:

Post a Comment