"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Did you see me on TV?

Did you?? We were there! Here is a picture to prove it haha


Also, is it just me, or is the chorister in 17 Miracles? The mother who leaves her husband and pioneers to Utah? Ponder that haha.

Well, it's been a great week. My new companion is Sister Richardson from North Carolina! We are going to have way too much fun together. I am excited!

We haven't had the chance to teach much this week with our new assignment & transfers, so this email will be a little short.

I was asked to explain Tim's proxy baptism a little more, I would love to do that. So, they had the proxy person go down into the font. Tim, dressed in baptismal clothes. stepped into the font to his ankles. Then, the proxy person was baptized with a special proxy baptismal prayer (similar to the Temple-for and in behalf of Timothy Finley) and dunked and brought out. Then he was able to change and come back out in church clothes. Everything else about the service was normal. The next day he was able to be confirmed normally, on the stand with tons of Stake Presidents and bishops present. I hope I explained that well enough!

So I received an inbound call from Roxanne a few weeks ago for a Finding Faith in Christ DVD. I decided to call her on Monday to see if she received it. She said that she had, and we got to talking. She is a really sweet lady. She says that she loves anything that will help her be closer to Jesus. When I mailed the DVD, I also mailed the missionary pamphlets. She said that she had read them and she liked them. She also said that I could call her anytime, and that she would love to learn more. That was pretty sweet! Most of the time it doesn't work out that way, usually they say that they just wanted to watch the movie and they are not interested in learning more, but she actually is.

Tim's lesson went great, we taught him about the Pearl of Great price and the Doctrine and Covenants. He is really excited to read them. He has an awesome Home teacher too. His bishop called him in and told him that he wants him to prepare to receive the Priesthood in two weeks, so exciting!

So we have been told that we are not allowed to proselyte in India anymore...I don't really know why. I think email is okay, so we are still emailing Vas, but it is a little sad because there are no problems, and there are missionaries there, I am not sure why we cannot online proselyte, probably something that is unbeknownst to me. Hopefully Vas was able to go to church, he said that he would.

We called Robert, and tried to ask questions that would help us know if he is sincere or not. He got very panicky and was hesitant about his answers, and cut the phone call short. We are pretty sure he is not sincere! But we are trying to call the bishop to get some more information.

That is about it for this week, hopefully we will have a lot more teaching opportunities this week.

I am stoked for General Conference! I get to go to one session, the Saturday morning session. I am way excited! For the rest of the time during those two days, we are on the Square all day contacting people. It is going to be great! I hope that members will feel the excitement of hastening the Lord's work, and helping people come closer to Christ. We want to help them feel that, that is why we are here on the Square during General Conference! We don't just want random referrals, we want them to be excited about doing missionary work, and we want to be able to help them invite their friends, without the pressure of saying, well do you have any referrals? I am so glad this is the attitude of General Conference this year, because in previous years, it was different. It is going to be great :)

Here is a picture of Temple Square for you to enjoy if you won't be here at Conference!


Remember to bring questions to Conference, I know that Heavenly Father will answer you through the speakers he has called and qualified. 

Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment