"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Namaste!


Happy Thanksgiving from Temple Square!

Anyone know what Namaste means? It means hello in Indian.....which means I have a new companion from India! Her name is Sister Doraiswamey and she is coming back from her outbound today. She is going to be my follow-up trainer for the transfer. It's going to be a curry Thanksgiving!

So my P-days are now Wednesdays, and are usually from 1PM-9PM but with the Christmas craziness starting on Friday, our p-days from this transfer are like normal missions, from 10-6.

So there are two sisters here on Temple Square who went outbound today to Tucson! Their names are Sister Cummings from Hawaii and Sister Ogata from Japan. They are two of my favorites so tell everyone to keep an eye out for them and feed them well!! [Sis Ogata is actually in our, Adam & Kami's, ward!]

Well it seems like I was just writing, P-day was just a few days ago! So I don't have too much to say. Transfer day is the biggest news.

But remember the lady from Estonia that I am teaching? She wants to be baptized! Super exciting. She has a daughter, and I can't wait until they can be sealed together.

I did get to see one of my favorite customers from the bank that I worked at, He came on the Square to meet his kids and grandkids and by some odd chance, I was the first person he saw! That never happens so it was really nice to chat with him.

I am a little nervous for the lights to turn on because it is going to be insane, but I am also really excited! I love Christmas and I can't wait to talk about Christ with everyone. That is why I am on my mission, and I couldn't think of a better place to talk about Christ than at Temple Square around Christmas with all the lights. I think the reason I love Christmas so much is because even it is just for a short time, most people put off the Natural man and become a little more Christlike. They think about Christ and the whole spirit and atmosphere of people change, and that is what the Savior is all about is change. It really just testifies to me that change is possible,and that through the Savior's infinite Atonement, we are able to truly change and become better. We are able to become the person that He wants and needs us to be. Nothing is impossible with Christ.

Well I don't have too much more to say....but at least you don't have a novel from me to read today!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. Eat extra for me!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment