"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Thursday, May 8, 2014

You'll never guess what I saw this week...

Here are some pictures that we took when we were on desk this week. We have the most boring time to have the most boring desk, there were almost no guests the whole time! So you can see what we get to look at. Empty Visitor's Center haha.





Okay this was a cool experience. So we had to go talk to some people in the COB Garage, so we were down there and I see a ton of people crowded around this really nice car. I knew it had to be someone important. So I say, okay who's car is that that everyone is gathered around? And the lady we were talking to goes, oh that's probably going to be President Monson's new car. He's really tall so they are making sure that it will fit him. WHAT! haha it was so cool! Shoutout to Adam, you would have cried if you were there and saw the car. That's all I can say!

Also, Elder Cook was at our Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. But he didn't sit on the stand, he sat in the back so he could leave when he needed to, so it was weird to have an apostle sitting behind me!

Well, it's been a good week. Megan is progressing very well. She was unable to attend church, but really wants to go. She is going to try to go right after work if she can make it in time on Sunday. She is so golden, I don't really know what else to share about her!

Did I tell you that we are teaching an investigator in Liberia? His name is Isaac, and he is really cool. He is way hard to understand though. We might have to just chat with him because we can't really understand what he is saying when he talks.

I think I told you about Edward right? He is from Texas, and has a friend who is LDS so he was curious about the beliefs. He is really polite! He always says yes ma'am and no ma'am haha. We've had trouble finding a time to call him that works for both of us, he is a student, so hopefully we'll be able to work that out and invite him to be baptized! You know it's funny, when I first came on the mission, I was nervous about inviting people to be baptized because I thought that I would scare them away, or things like that, but now, I try my best to, unless prompted by the spirit otherwise, invite them on the first contact or lesson to be baptized like it says in PMG. I have found that to be so helpful because if they say no, then you can say why? And then you can address their concerns and re-invite. And if they say no again, you can say why? And if they are really prepared and want to change, they will have a desire to learn about the Gospel and prepare for baptism and if not, then they are not ready yet and maybe need more time before they can be taught. But this really applies to you who are not on missions! You can invite someone to come to church with you, or meet with local missionaries, etc., and if they say no, instead of being sad and feeling rejected, or saying, well I did my part I'm good, you can say why? And then address their concerns and re-invite! I hope that you'll try that sometime! Don't be afraid :)

This morning the Missionary Department came to speak to us to train us more on our Online Area Books. I liked one thing that they said. They were addressing those who come online who are insincere or pranking or anti, etc (reminds me of Robert). They had us think of the Savior, and all the people who came to him and asked him questions insincerely. He got it too! We are doing His work, so of course we will have people just like the ones that persecuted Him, who will persecute us. I hope that made sense. And also, that those people that we talked to, we still gave them truth. That';s a fact. And that truth can be brought back by the Spirit some time later as clear as when we shared it with them in the first place. We are fulfilling our purpose when we do that. It made me feel a lot better! Sometimes I get frustrated, but now I have a new perspective.

Tim is doing great. He is still having a hard time health-wise, but the Home Teachers come over, missionaries still visit him, and the Young Men are going to do a service project to help him clean up his yard. We talked with him about Temple Work, and how he can do his parents' Temple work when that time comes. He is excited for that.

Well that's probably about it, we have been preparing everything for Transfer day like I told you about last week, so we have been pretty busy unfortunately. But we've got most of it done, so we are well prepared for Wednesday. Now we will have more time to teach!

Thanks for all the prayers and support, I feel them!
Read Mosiah 24 this week and remember that you are a child of God, and He loves you. You are 
numbered and He knows you and answers your prayers!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment