"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, October 21, 2013

Flag Tag!

Well, I am officially on the square, equipped with my temple tag and flag tag! They are the coolest, nowhere else gets a temple on their tag and a flag for their country!

SO it has been a pretty crazy week...not sure where to start, i guess I will jump right in.

Fridays are my P-days this transfer!

Oh, I get 2 hours of email time here, holler!

My trainer! She is Sister Mendoza from Arizona and Mexico (she has dual citizenship). She is very sweet and gorgeous. Next transfer is her last before she goes home, so she has been out for a while. She served her outbound 2 transfers ago in Birmingham (that is a place i would love to serve outbound). She is teaching me a lot! A little hard at first because she knows all the sisters and speaks Spanish to everyone so I kind of just stand there and smile a lot haha.

So last week, ELDER OAKS came to the MTC. We had heard a rumor he was coming, and since it was our last day, we figured why not camp out just in case. So we were like the 4th people in line waiting and....drumroll....He came! and we were in the third row :) it was way awesome. Him and His wife gave great talks. There was a really special feeling in the air and when everyone stood when he walked in, you could just feel how much of a man of God he is.
It was harder to leave the MTC than i thought, but not for the place..for the people! I miss the girls in my district, we are so close. And now I only get to see them in passing on the square every now and then.
The other two girls in my apartment are from Cambodia and Fiji, they are really sweet and funny I like them!
I was a little overwhelmed by all the foreign sisters here because 80% are foreign so a lot are hard to understand, but I am really starting to love them. They are so special and have wonderful testimonies.
So Temple Square covers 10 acres, and there are 235 Sisters here! (granted about 30 are on their outbound, but still!) So I am still always seeing new faces, it is cool.

So my assignment this transfer is Square. So we are primarily out on the square contacting people or taking tours and such. It is so cool!

So I will explain the way we teach a little bit. So we contact someone and take them on a "tour" (which is really a lesson, but they don't know that). Our tours are special, it's kind of like a good, better or best thing: good being history tours, better being feel-good tours, and best being converting, life-changing tours. So we try to have all our tours be BEST tours, it's fun. Anyway, Then we usually invite them to do something and tell them how we want to keep in contact and follow up on their commitment. So we get their contact information, and here on Temple Square, we have the opportunity and the time to contact them through email (not this email, a mission email) and over the phone. It's pretty cool! i thought it would be like we teach people, and they leave, and we never hear from them again but it's the opposite! I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father created technology for missionaries/ the Gospel, to be able to take it to all ends of the Earth it's way cool.

I just want to share how much I love being a missionary! I love being a representative of Jesus Christ, hastening the work of The Lord in these last days. He is preparing people now, more than ever, the field is white, already to harvest.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment