"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Some Anecdotes

So I'll share a short teaching story from yesterday. This guy from new york came in with his colleague who lives in SLC but both are non-members. The one from New york was visiting his colleague and he took him up here. The NY one is Hindu, and just straight up asked so what are the beliefs in this church? Keep in mind this was my first full day...and my companion was turned around talking to someone so i was all by myself! I was like uh...then I started talking about how God loves us all because we are his children, and how He has a individual plan for each of us, each one being different, and how we are given families to make us happy, and how God wants us to be happy ( I think the Spirit spoke for me because I don't remember too much of what I said) and before I could go on, I got interrupted and we kept talking about other things, answering other questions. Anyway, after a long time, he said hoe clean it felt here and how much he liked being here and how he wanted to come back and bring his daughter, but only specifically to us haha. He gladly filled out his information so we can keep in contact, and we gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and a book of Mormon and he said he would read them cover to cover and that we could quiz him on them haha it was so cool to see how much he liked being there, and saying how he wants to come back. His daughter actually called him while he was there, and he made us talk to her so she could meet us haha. And he gave us her number so we can call her too. The Lord work in mysterious ways, and the Spirit is powerful. DC 100 it shall be given you what to say in the very moment!

Something I bet is interesting to hear is about Security here! It's to be kept on the down-low though so don't tell too many people haha. So there are Security men walking around, and there are cameras on us most of the time. So there are signals that we are directed to do when we need security, and they will come. Or if you call them and say 'bring me my scriptures' that works too. We actually had to call security today. We were downstairs in the south visitor's center and this weird guy was yelling on the phone while reading thing's from the displays, and when we would walk by he would get quiet and start walking away but would come back. We couldn't tell if he was really just schizophrenic and talking to himself but using the phone as a decoy, or if he was anti, or what. but we called security just in case. so 3 or 4 security guys came and kicked him off the square. It was interesting for sure. I was trying to find where the security guys were packing (adam) haha but couldn't (i guess that's the point).

So I try to write in my journal every day, and one of the things I decided I would start doing it writing an awkward story of the day haha so I will share one!

Yesterday, my companion and I were going to go to dinner (we went to city creek and I got real food for the first time since the MTC!!) and we saw this older guy who looked like someone we had met the day before. So we started talking to him (it wasn't the guy we thought) and he said he was meeting someone. Then this older lady walks up and says oh, I think this is the man I am meeting! So they have this awkward tight hug and come to find out, they met online, and decided to meet.....in a fetching visitor's center on temple square?? who does that anyway...It was so awkward! We decided to let them have their "alone" time. I jokingly said to my companion, watch them still be here when we get back. Well, when we got back after dinner and some assignments almost three hours later, they were sitting in the same spot where we left them! Still awkwardly hugging...haha. Man it was hilarious.

I LOVE serving on Temple Square. It is such a special place. I love being able to share my testimony all day, and explain about the temple. I love seeing people change, and their hearts be softened. I love seeing miracles. I know that all things are possible through Christ, and that He needs me here at this specific place at this specific time, and it is wonderful. Exhausting, but wonderful. The church is true, all things point to that! I love everything about it.

Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment