"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Friday, October 11, 2013

P-Days Are Sent From Heaven

(Holly's letter from Friday)

Well here it is! 2 1/2 weeks down....4 days to go.

So this week was a long one, lots of information to remember, hopefully I don't forget it all!

So last Friday, I finally weighed myself. I gained 8 POUNDS in the one week i was here!! Which is weird because I never really eat that much because the food is gross. So i'm convinced they put something in the food to fatten you up before you go into the field. The food stinks! I weighed myself yesterday though, and I lost 5 of those pounds. It was before breakfast though. But I've been working out hard and really eating healthy!

Anyway. The elders left Wednesday, so it is just us sisters in our district now. We loved them! We were like one big family. They are gonna make great missionaries.

I started Visitor's Center training Wednesday. Wednesday they also took us to temple square and took us on a mini tour of the north visitor's center and talked to us a little bit. it was really short but it was crazy to be on the exact spot that i will be serving. Cool though! Plus I got a nap on the bus so I was a happy camper.

Tomorrow [Saturday] we will be at temple square for like five hours..... We will be doing splits and they are going to make us teach! I am so scared haha but excited. I am glad I will still have a companion if I go blank. But it will be cool.

We started doing chat! Legitimately with real people not actors. It's the people who go on mormon.org and chat. We respond to those! It's crazy. We talked to someone from New Jersey and someone from Haiti. I am writing down all the places it's going to be a long list after 18 months haha.

For our devo[tional] Tuesday night, John Madsen and his wife came and talked. He's an emeritus G.A. [General Authority] real good talks.

We do TRC differently now. We do it as if we were in a visitor center! It's cool.

I see Nate all the time! Almost every day. His class was two doors down from mine but I moved for VC training. But I'm just on a different floor. It's fun to see him! And now I know what he does. It is pretty cool.

I've had some great teachers I have been really...really blessed here. With everything. Even with my schedule! Some people have really hard schedules like bfast at 630 and gym time in the middle of the day but I don't so I am really glad.

So something cool this week. We were role playing with a girl from our zone, me and my companion were teaching, and we really taught by the spirit and she cried and cried it was so good! Just in a role play! This work is awesome.

Yesterday we did a TRC where a guy was a member but just wanted to know how he could better do missionary work even though he served a mission and wanted to come closer to Christ. Something I said he liked so much he wrote it down! I've always wanted to be quoted! haha

Hopefully this email isn't too lame. I felt like a lot happened, but I guess I can't remember it or it isn't important! Oh well.

Don't forget Elder Ballard's challenge: everyone talk to someone by Christmas! [See the challenge HERE]

Well, don't just talk, let the Spirit talk, and they will feel the Spirit. Ask them thought provoking questions, and just focus on listening and you will know what to say! Boldness with charity is never overwhelming and doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith! [See that talk HERE] Faith works miracles, I sure know that.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

I am not sure when pday will be next week with me departing. We shall see I guess....

The Church is true, anything is possible through our Savior.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment