"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Friday, October 25, 2013

It's Your Favorite Day of the Week!

Well hello!

This week has been great. Time goes by pretty fast. But it is my favorite weather outside, I don't want it to change!

So Kami, you asked about the temple service, well guess what...I didn't get to do it :( It wasn't allowed for 1st transfers. So not only did I not get to do it, but I had to go on exchanges while my companion got to do it! And she got to go into the Assembly room and a sister that was with her...wait for it....SAW THE PROPHET. I was so mad I didn't get to go haha.

Something that I have slowly come to realize is how fast you can love a person, and feel God's love for them. Except the Anti's....those are hard to love. It is pretty cool to not even know someone for a minute, and already have such a great love for them.

So something that is really hard for me is anti's. People who are not receptive to the Gospel, who aren't really searching, but trying to break down your testimony. It's hard for me because you don't see us over at their churches trying to tell them how they are going to hell (even though...haha just kidding! ) or trying to change their beliefs, but rather add to them, like an ice cream sundae (I came up with that, it's good huh!). It just makes me really sad, I guess. They are so lost. And their hearts are so far gone, like I think it says in Alma. I just want to help them so much, but they don't want help. I just try to bear testimony, and thank them for strengthening my testimony, and tell them how I know it's true, and they can too if they will pray about it. But they don't care. I need to learn to love them anyway, that is really hard. Something I am working on!

I have noticed what a great opportunity it is to be able to teach someone with a member present. Someone that the visitor (or investigator for other missions) knows and trusts, so that when they bear testimony they can see how it has affected their lives, because they know their lives. Yes we can tell people that we know things and how it has changed our lives, but they don't know our lives. It's great to have members present! Just like in Hailey's case, she was able to see how the Gospel changed the other 4 peoples lives (3/4 are converts).

Life is good, I am in the best place ever, doing the best thing ever. Its hard, it's exhausting, it's stressful, but it's WORTH it. Even if all our lessons in a day don't want to continue to be taught, we still are able to pick out miracles each day, and see the Hand of God in all that we do.

This church is true, and I challenge everyone to start working on Elder Ballard's promise of finding one person to share the gospel with by Christmas....let's get the membership to 30 mil! We can do it!
I love you all, and hope you have a great weekend.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment