"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, July 28, 2014

OH-IO!



Hey!

Today we went to the State Fair! It was tons of fun. It was hard not riding the rides or eating the food (i'll explain later) but we all had fun as a district. But unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write, which is particularly sad this week because we had miralces left and right! We taught so much this week it was incredible! This has been one of the best weeks of the mission for me.

So Kenny was the traveler who we invited to stay in Columbus. Our District Leader, Elder Bishop, promised him that if he would stay, that he would see huge changes in himself. Well not only did he stay, but he has come so far in the past week! We met with him everyday since then! Last monday, he came to our lesson, and I could tell he was drunk. I felt prompted to just be straight up, and bold. And I guess he needed that. The spirit was strong. He came to the next lesson sober, and it was so different! It was incredible. He asked for a blessing and since then, he has stopped drinking, smoking marajuana, and stopped smoking since yesterday! He has been a pack a day smoker for 7 years but is trying to quit cold turkey with the help of us and members. He has progressed so rapidly it's insane. He knows the book of Mormon is true and the church is true and he is getting baptized on the 16th of August! He even came to both wards on Sunday, so he came to 6 hours of church yesterday, and then an Open house at the Mission Home! He is so solid, such an example to us. So to help him quit smoking, we all have given up something. I chose sugar, which was particularly hard today at the state fair with all my favorite treats :( But it is so worth it!

Funny story of the week....Do yoou remember how I set traps (lint roller sheets) around our apartment to catch the millipedes?? Well we actually caught one! One of my greatest moments of accomplishment to date. Haha. I'll attach a picture. Also there's another picture of another we had to kill this week. Do you feel my pain? Haha

Jeremy has been a little lazy, sadly. We just love him so much, we want to force him to keep his commitments haha. But we have the faith that he will!

Eric is doing great too! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he told us that he is going to read the Book of Mormon in 2 weeks (so by next wednesday) so that he can know for himself if this church is true. Can you believe that?! He is way open.

Molly came to church! We met with her twice last week and she came to church. She is so great. She is opening up to us and I think she really enjoyed church. I know that she definitely needs some peace in her life. When we met with her last Monday, she basically unloaded a bunch of trials she had been struggling with by herself. She has had a really rough life, I know this gospel will help her.

We are also teaching Derek, Kenneth, and Nick that I will tell you about more next week, I love our investigators, they are the best. I have realized this week how badly I want to stay on OSU this transfer. I really hope I don't get transfered because I can't leave these people! Pray that I will stay :) haha

Okay thanks for reading my ungathered thoughts. I hope you have a great week, Love ya!






No comments:

Post a Comment