"Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and I will be with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall
proclaim my name an effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word."
- Doctrine & Covenants 112:19

Monday, July 21, 2014

Time flies....

This picture is because a lot of people looked at us weird because we all had really long skirts and buns, so we looked a little weird, people on the street kept asking us why we dress like that haha it was embarrassing! And we are wet because it was pouring rain during the seizure incident.



I can't believe it's been another week. Time flies by faster and faster each week.
It's been a great week for sure.

We had a great lesson with Jeremy on Tuesday. We were studying what we should teach him and we all decided that we still need to focus on God is our Loving Father in Heaven. I didn't think we should move on until he gets there, because everything else that we would teach him wouldn't have relateability to him. My companions agreed so we were able to share more about Heavenly Father and faith and show a Mormon Message. It was a powerful lesson, the spirit was so strong! While studying for him, I found a quote that we were able to share with him. "The power of our prayers depends on us." That was so profound to me. It really is up to us to make them meaningful. If prayer is not a priority, if we are not willing to do anything to receive an answer, then why should Heavenly Father be willing to make an answer known to us? He has been praying, but doesn't feel any differently, and doesn't feel that he is receiving any answers. We talked a lot about prayer with him and were able to share personal experiences. I shared a small experience that was pretty embarrasing haha I told him the struggles (to say the least haha) I've been having with the millipedes and how I haven't been sleeping well because I am too afraid to get up in the middle of the night to go use the restroom, so I've been praying and asking Heavenly Father to help me to not have to get up and use the restroom. haha. And He's been answering my prayers! Haha it was a small experience, but we were able to show Jeremy that even on a smaller scale, the things that are important to us are important to our Heavenly Father, and He wants to help us, we just have to ask for His help. We still feel like he is holding something back, though. I think that something has happened in the past that would prevent him from wanting a relationship with Heavenly Father, so we are going to try to find out that concern this week.

Later that night, Brother Kyees from one of the YSA Bishoprics took us out to dinner. It was way fun! He has daughters that live in L.A. and was telling us how one of them is the Celebrity nail artist, so she does Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Rhianna, and a ton of other celebrities' nails. It was pretty cool. Plus we got a great meal.

On Wednesday, we found a New Investigator, Jacqueline. She is way nice. She is Catholic, but is open to learning more. We are looking forward to meeting with her when she returns from vacation. On Wednesday night, we were making phone calls to set up return appointments with Potential Investigators we had met while contacting, and I really felt like we needed to call Eric. We had met Eric on July 4th. Here in Columbus, they celebrate Independance day on July 3rd, with an event called Red, White and Boom. So the morning of the 4th, we were out contacting on High Street, and were running into a lot of people that were hungover/still drunk from Red White and Boom. We walked past Panera, and we saw this guy sitting alone looking a little...haggard haha but we started talking to him. His name is Eric and he had had a crazy night from Red White and Boom and was still a little intoxicated, about to be picked up by a friend. But we just talked with him and got to know him a little more and his beliefs. He is Agnostic but open. Usually Potential's like him don't pan out, but when we called him, he wanted to meet with us! So we met with him Saturday. We were giving him a chapel tour, and he had a lot of questions. I told him that I didn't want to overwhelm with a lot of information but he said that he wouldn't mind at all, and that he actually likes getting a lot of information at once. So we taught him the Restoration in 5 minutes and he thought it was pretty interesting. He also came to church yesterday! He really liked it and afterwards, he said, well I still want to learn more. We were way happy!

On Thursday, we went on exchanges and Sister Malloy and I went to Worthington, where I knocked my first door! haha it was great, but no one was interested. I still enjoyed it but when we got back to OSU, it felt like home.

We had interviews with President Daines on Friday, they were great He is so caring and his wife is so funny! They are great to serve under.

On Saturday, we went to a baptism in Sister Malloy's old area. The members there are fantastic! I was a little sad though because Megan (the one I was teaching when I was at Temple Square) was supposed to be baptized that same day, so I was sad I couldn't see it, but I actually just found out today that she hasn't been baptized yet but is progressing towards it so I am not sure when she will be. She is so solid though!

Earlier in the week, we had met a traveler (I seem to be a magnet to them haha) named Kenny who stopped us and really wanted a Book of Mormon. He had lived with an LDS couple for a few m onths and had gone to church with them and met with missionaries. We set an appointment with him for the next day, but he missed it. We saw him a few days later and gave him a Book of Mormon, then last night, we were contacting and met him again, so we invited him to the institute to have a chapel tour. He said that this time he feels different, that usually he only spends a few days in one place, but that this time was different and that if God told him to stay, he would. So we gave him a chapel tour and showed the movie the Testaments and i9nvited him to be baptized and he said he would if he felt God wanted him to stay. We convinced him to stay another week and we have an appointment with him today so we will see if he shows up!

I just want to add my favorite part of the week. It was Monday night and we were getting ready to go home. One of the members came in and said that someone was having a seizure. We went out to help, and immediately, my District Leader began giving a blessing with his companion. The guy, Ryan, was foaming at the mouth and seizing everywhere. As soon as the words blessing of healing came out of his mouth, the seizure stopped and he relaxed and became alert. I saw the power of the Priesthood work miracles right before my eyes. I don't know how to convey that miracle to you in so short a time, but I hope you got goosebumps :) 

This church is way special because it is Christ's church, and the power that He held to heal people, is held today. I know that power and authority is real.

Well that's all that I have time for. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment